Hi friends! I spent the weekend recovering from a nasty case of food poisoning. Is there any other kind? How was your weekend? Do you get a four-day work week? Did you thank a veteran?
Happy Tuesday all the same.
- I’ve updated my favorite blogs. Any recommendations? Want your blog listed here?
- I have also started a newsletter, and the first issue is set to go out Monday morning. It’s a fun Monday read. You should sign up!
- The dog is getting less small and more well-behaved as time goes on. A picture, you say?
Fantastic reads from around the web:
- Johnny Moneyseed has a new look (really looks cool!) and wrote 17 rules to live by. It’s very good. I want to disagree with something, just to be cantankerous, but I can’t.
- This football player decided to leave the NFL because his heart wasn’t in it anymore. How cool is that?
- Jeff and Michelle ponder their next move on See Debt Run.
- Luke Landes is looking for the next round of Naked With Cash volunteers! I had a smashing time “getting naked” with my finances over at Consumerism Commentary this year. However, my finances (thank goodness) are pretty boring these days, so I won’t be participating next year. But you should! Are you getting out of debt? Are you struggling to afford your lifestyle? Do you want free help from a financial advisor every single month? You should absolutely sign up for this. It’s a minimum commitment of time, and you get a lot out of it. My best recommendation? Be yourself, don’t be anonymous. Then, your financial planner might meet up with you at a Fincon happy hour and you’ll have tons of fun.
- 10 Sneaky Fees and What to Do About them. Tips include “don’t fly Frontier” and “call someone and ask for a discount” among others.
- 10 Ways to Make Saving Money a Game. Get crafty, friends!
- 10 Jobs You can Outsource. Might need to start taking my own advice.
- When is it time to strike out on your own? I talked to several entrepreneurs and asked them about their tipping points.
- My 15 Holiday Shopping tips. A few are pretty unexpected.