Going to #FinCon12 changed my blogging life. I’ve made friends-from-the-internet, learned how to use Twitter, appeared as a guest in a podcast, and have even started getting products to give away!
I’ve been working with Shannyn at Beautiful Giveaways, and staying busy overall. My friends-from-the-internet continue to write amazing things, and I’m going to highlight them on the weekends again.
A few of my favorite posts:
- The Jenny Pincher is hosting a giveaway. But not just any giveaway. No, hers is for a date with Ryan from Planwise. This tickles me in part because I think she looks quite a bit like one of the past bachelorettes, so in my head, of course she would run a rafflecopter for a date with a boy! If she really were Ashley from the Bachelorette, she would have the date in Aruba or something.
- Average Joe wrote about four ways to stay married, and none of them have anything at all to do with the phrase “no, those pants don’t make you look fat,” which is surprising, actually.
- Sam wrote an open letter to the presidential candidates listing the things they should do if they want his vote. I liked them. Sam’s head is in the sky, but I like his ideals.
- Michelle realized that holding on to baby clothes isn’t going to keep her kids small.
- Cait has paid off $20,000 of debt at this point, and can see the finish line! Go tell her congratulations.
Frugal Portland Elsewhere:
- At the College Investor, I wrote about not letting regret ruin your happiness.
- At Beautiful Giveaways, I’m giving away a J. Crew Bubble necklace and earring set as well as $75 worth of humanely raised beef.
You should follow me on Twitter. Because how else are you going to join rousing conversations like the one below?