Hi there! If you read my post over at Budgets are Sexy and thought to yourself, “just who does this girl think she is?” and clicked through, I’m glad you’re here. Isn’t J Monee the best? I was too nervous to tell him I thought he was cool when I saw him at Fincon12. But he’s very, very cool. You know this, though. You’re one of his five million page views.
Regular readers, I’m really happy you’re here too. Always.
Here are some fun facts about me (click through to read more):
- I’m debt free (kind of).
- I made a list of things I believe on my birthday. It’s my personal philosophy.
- I recently bought a condo. Hence the (kind of) in the first bullet point.
- I strongly believe in the power of blogging.
- I believe that there is much more power in a life well lived than focusing too much on frugality.
- Although I am firmly against budgeting, I do have systems in place to save 50% of my income.
- I write here for a number of reasons, but mostly to help people control their finances.
If that’s not enough “Kathleen” for you, read my long-form About page. You can see my most popular posts and my most recent posts in the sidebar.
Alternatively, spend the day reading through the archives. That sounds like a productive use of your time.
I started writing Frugal Portland to hold myself publicly accountable for getting out from under a mountain of credit card debt. I stuck around because of all of the friends I’ve made along the way.
I’d love for you to be one of them! Contact me if you want.
Thanks for visiting.