Over the weekend, I was at #FinCon12. I’m still recovering from the weekend, and processing everything, but suffice it to say, it was a very fun time and now I have friends who no longer live in my computer!
Before the conference, I was a little worried. A little stressed, in a back-to-school way. Appropriate timing, I suppose. I had all kinds of random scenarios go through my head.
#FinCon12 Concerns, Pre-Conference
- Can I wear my designer jeans, even though my url has the word frugal in it? If so, do I have to tell people that I found them used, or got them from my friend who got too skinny for them?
- Should I dye my hair? Do my eyebrows? Wear a blazer?
- Can I avoid being awkward when meeting new people?
- Does a frugal blogger have to dress like a hobo?
- Will I be able to eat anything there or should I bring my own weird snacks?
- Will (name redacted) have the same personality in person as he or she did online?
- Will anyone talk to me? (FIXED that problem by talking Michelle from See Debt Run into rooming with my at my cousin’s house!)
- Will I annoy my cousin?
- Should I wear those shoes or try to wobble around in heels?
- Will I still get a gift bag even though I probably won’t win that Plutus award in the frugal category?
- Is someone going to try to sell me payday loans?
I decided against the blazer, and wore clothes and shoes that made me feel comfortable.
I was less awkward than I had feared.
I hope, anyway.