Congratulations, Veronica! You’re the lucky winner of a gently used, and much adored Kindle Fire! Treat it nicely. It’ll be good to you. Now you can start reading books!
Pass out some Nicer Notes, too.
I liked doing this giveaway so much, and my favorite part was hearing about everyone’s favorite books of the year. Many people liked the Hunger Games, and I’d have to agree. They were compelling and interesting, and the sentences were short enough that even I could get through them!
In case anyone else is interested in the rest of the list, I’ve recompiled it below (so we don’t have to hunt through the comment section of a giveaway post!).
Frugal Portland readers’ favorite books of 2012
- Manda liked The Descendants
- Petra liked Millionaire Teacher
- Michelle liked the Game of Thrones books
- Angella liked Elephant Girl
- Caroline liked Just Kids, The Fault in Our Stars, and When You Reach Me
- Mrs Pop liked Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
and The Barefoot Bandit
- Mad Maine liked Hitch-22
- Marina liked The Night Circus
- Frugalapolis liked A Wanted Man
- Jessica liked The The Time Traveler’s Wife
- Carolann liked The Headhunter’s Daughter
- Sam liked How to Engineer Your Layoff (figures!)
- CDeF liked The $100 Startup (my review)
- Amy H. liked Les Miserables
- Tracy and Anne liked Half the Sky
- JA liked Bloodline
- Chris liked The Alloy of Law
- Katie liked 20 Something Manifesto
- Average Joe liked I Will Teach You To Be Rich
- Jordann liked 11/22/63: A Novel
- Emily liked The Defining Decade
Nobody recommended that “mommy porn” book that keeps getting purchased. See, I knew I liked you guys.