It’s mid-way through the year, and I’ve talked a lot about goals. I set resolutions every December, but since we’re more than halfway through the year, I want to see how I’m doing and add more.
Here’s what’s done:
- Get completely, 100% out of credit card debt. I’m still happy I did this, but I’m more annoyed that I was in credit card debt until this year! UGH! I did not like my future self all that much, but I’m being nicer to her now.
I’ve changed my mind and am dropping these:
- Participate in a triathlon. I’m no longer interested in extreme sports for their own sake. I’m much more focused on climbing and getting stronger and better at that, and I’m just not interested in the pain that training for a triathlon would entail.
- Get caramel business off the ground. I love making caramel, and I’m really good at it, and I recently discovered that making caramel is the least profitable (and the most work!) of all my ideas. So, if you are a close friend, I’ll make caramels for your wedding favors. Also, all my friends will get caramels at Christmas. I’m going to stick with sit-on-butt ways to make money.
Here’s what’s left:
- Do ten pull ups. I will get to this goal by New Year’s Eve, mark my words! I still haven’t done one, but by golly, I try!
- Give $100/month by the end of the year to various charities. I need to add a few more.
Here’s what’s new:
- Pay off student loans before I turn 31. That means I have more than $4000 to go before November 8. It’s taking all the hustling and scrimping and saving and penny-pinching I can do, but it is going to be so worth it.
- Max out IRA for 2012. This doesn’t have to be done in 2012, but I need to max it out for this calendar year.
- Go on a road trip with my sister. July? August? Hopefully we can do this!